5. Solution processes:Psychoeducation is very important. The clinician will tell the victim what the secondary wounding is. The clinician tells the victim that the secondary wounding can be repaired. The clinician helps the family and the victim to be conscious in the right way.Family therapy can also be offered as a solution. In family therapy, the family can be made aware of the issue and how it should be treated. In this way, the break between the victim and the family tries to be repaired and it is aimed to establish close relations with each other. The victim realizes that the feeling of loneliness is getting smaller and more likely to feel less insecure. For this reason, it is very important for the victim to be together with the family in order to develop and recovery.6. Secondary Victimization of Rape Victims: Insights From Mental Health Professionals Who Treat Survivors of Violence Sexual assault on women’s psychological and physical well-being has many effects. As a result of these situations, victims of rape communicate with various relief communities or organizations such as legal mental and medical institutions. It seems that there are many institutions that can help victims of rape, in fact they refuse to help the victims or the victims feel victimized again.This negative experience is called as secondary wounding. An analysis of the interactions between victims and social systems may reveal ways for society to react to psychologically victimized women.The Problem of Secondary Wounding In the 1970s and 1980s, the promise of rape legislative reform was promised (in Chicago),(see Berger, Searles, & Neuman, 1988). But victims of rape were still having difficulty accessing community resources. Then, using a theoretical framework, a distinction was made between responding and unresponsive rape. Responsive processing; holds the needs of the victims are very important and it is necessary to avoid victim offense. It is used to promote healing.Unresponsive processing ; meets organizational requirements. In hospitals processing like patients quickly,so rape victims receive best bare minimum services. In such an unresponsive model of case processing, rape victims often blamed for the rape and denied help. This further traumatizes victims and slows healing.Rape cases continues as victims needs are once again subjugated. When the needs of rape victims ignored , the treatment survivors receive from individual system personnel can be quite devastating. Risk of secondary wounding may stem from three sources. First; investigations on the rape case show that the system personnel are behaving in an insensitive manner to the victims. In various studies, it was seen that doctors, police, prosecutors and judges were ascribe to victim-blaming attitudes. Second ; Secondary wounding is not only about what service providers are doing, but also about what they do not do.Finally; it is not known whether services are really useful for victims of rape. In previous research ; it has been shown that rape victims demanding community assistance have a significant risk for secondary wounding. Verbal or nonverbal behaviors of the system personnels are causing the victim women to feel doubtful and to feel repulsive again. As a focus of this research ; mental health experts as an informant sample was surveyed. Because these experts can witness the patients living, mental health professionals can observe situations that cause victims to experience secondary wounding and they can start mental health care. When this view is taken into consideration, mental health professionals also play a key role in secondary wounding. They can contribute to the problem of secondary victimization. This research was done by consulting the experts’ information. When this information was taken, the past works history variables of the participants was investigated. In this study ; The majority of mental health professionals are convinced that rape victims have become even more traumatized when interacting with other community professionals.In this study the strongest agreement among the respondents was in how they perceived the medical rape exam 89% believed this exam traumatizing for rape survivors. In addition, 58% felt that mental health professionals engage in harmful counseling practices. Secondary wounding is a big problem for rape victims. Victims of rape are not only subjected to violence from the perpetrator but also to violence by systems that interact for help. Secondary injuries have also been documented in different populations.These are ; treatment of battered women in the emergency department, sexual harassment victims in the workplace, gay and lesbian hate crime victims in the courtroom. It doesn’t matter whether mental health professionals are licensed or not. Even licensed mental health professionals represent secondary wounding does indeed occur. The beliefs of mental health professionals regarding secondary wounding are very important.It’s important for their training and experience. Another important point is the characteristics of therapists’ clientele also related to the secondary wounding. Result of this study Show us ; members of legal and medical communities or institutions contribute the secondary wounding. And therapists are aware that they too can be part of this problem.Results of this study also suggest the need for further training for all community professionals.This training is about how to treat victims of violence. And in these trainings, mental health professionals are given training on secondary wounding to prevent the victim from becoming more traumatized. Low-income women and women of Color may be at particular risk for secondary wounding.These findings as a result show us trauma occurs not only because of the rape itself , also because of the society’s treatment of rape victims.
The Best Critical Essays
- Ever since before I entered junior high, given
- (no title)
- Introduction attack can be uniform, localised, or selective.
- According of the resources we have around us.Xenotransplantation
- Agribusiness manufacturing the food products also part of
- According lose track of the good and the
- Michael where he instructed government officials to take
- The 737 jetliner flying passengers, luggage and even